Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Much ado about nothing

(I am breaking from my blogging rule of "no malayalam" for this blog)

A phone call at 4 in the evening
me:Hello.....
female voice from the other end: Sir, this is from bank X.

(Hint on bank X
Conversation between two mafia heads, both sworn enimies, with gun pointing at each other
head 1: blah blah blah
head 2: (getting angry) BLAH blah
head 1: I see
Head 2: (louder) I see
Head 1: I.......
Head 2 shoots Head 1 in the chest. Head 2 shoots back.
End of story
)

she: We have a new investment plan, blah blah economics blah blah commerce blah banking blah blah black sheep blah blah investment

me:(scraching my head) eh........ emm......... achante aduthaano samsaaarikkan udeeshikkunnathu?
she: Oh!!!! ethu church aaayirunno???
me: alla... athalla.... enthe FATHERinte aduthaaano samsaarikkaan udeeshikkunathu?

(Stupid me. But she understood)
(Which makes me wonder whether there are any other pair of words with one word having two different meanings in one language and its transilation to another language gives the other word with two different meanings which are same as that of the first word in the first language. leave that)
she:(lol) oooohhh!! achan eppool varum?
me: 7.30
she:(as if that is too late) Raavile etra mani vare kaanum?
me:ettu mani
she : achan evide work cheyyunnu?
me: in a private firm.
she: achante designation enthanu?
me finace manager. (i dont usually say that to anybody)
she:achante mobile number tharaamo?
me: mobile use cheyyaarilla
she:enthaanu peeru?
me : augus.. achante peeralle veendathu?
she:alla yours(i dont remember the exact word)
me :says my name
she: enthu cheyyunnu/padikkunnu?
me: engineering second year
she:k. appol achan varumbool paranjaal mathi. nammal naale contact cheyyaaam
me: enthuvaa parayande
she:new investment plan, blah blah economics blah blah commerce blah banking blah blah black sheep blah blah investment
me: okay
she:thank you.
hangs up.(that is right no welcome)

This conversation got me thinking
Why did she talk so much?
may be she is a good innocent conversationalist.
Or mabbe she was saying all those things as business tactic to make sure i talk to my father about the new investment plan, blah blah economics blah blah commerce blah banking blah blah black sheep blah blah investment
(I did.)
Or mabbe it is that i dont think the world out there is innocent. It is crooked and manipulative.Everywhere there are traps.
The smiling face you see there. The compliment you get here. The criticism there. It may all be part of someone trying to bend you.I hate to drag Fountainhead into this, but i have to. someone like Toohey.

I am pretty sure that i didn't think like this in the past. may be i have discovered the truth. may be i am being a pessimist

Comments are hereby solicited on whether the world is crooked or not.

5 comments:

H@ri said...

My first impression on reading the blog was the starting is fun,but later on you seem to loose the grip on your topic and was like beating around the bush. The conversation in the end means a little as to what you wanted to say i suppose.May be for the sake of blogging you include the conversation,i don't know.
The world is definitely crooked,even today i happened as my brother thanks to his innocence lost 250rs to an absolute stranger.
F**k man, what a stupid comment,this is my best.

Bach said...

absolutely great comment.

me too found the later part uninteresting. but as my goal was to give you an idea of the length of the conversation.a formal conversation shouldn't have been that long.

JFx said...

lmao..nothing else..had fun

MISS ILLUSION said...

world is crooked ! dats wot i alwz hear.
mayb it is...but a lot depends on perception too.
anyweys i dont c life as a war ' ME vs WORLD.
simply coz i don thnk de opponent iant strong enuf.
btwn ....i shld say worlds treating me pretty good.
everytime i lose somethng , usually money ...guys around were
sweet & honest enuf 2 return it.
it says more abt ppl's integrity dan just my good luck.

Gowri N Kishore said...

it's not really crooked, u knw...just ppl around trying to eke out a living...